Monday, March 9, 2009

Strike Three, YOUR OUT!

Strike One:
Last week I decided I should see if I can jump on the coupon bandwagon. I found a couple of coupons I could use at Vons ("Safeway" in the rest of the west) in the mail circulars on Saturday. Of course, once I had waited in line and was rung up, most of the coupons didn't start until the NEXT day. I sent the water back cuz it was pretty expensive, but with the huge queue behind me, I grinned and bore the rest.

The good news is that now I've learned to look at the START date and not just the EXPIRATION date. (and I now have TWO of everything I was planning on buying only ONE of.. 'cept the water)

Strike Two:
Friday afternoon I went to pick up Allison Croggons new book at Barns and Nobles and use a 15% off coupon I had received through email. On the way I ran a bunch of other errands (see strike one). When I finally got to Barns and Nobles, there was no coupon in the car. I looked. Under the seats (found my CD's), down the sides, and even in the back. Fine. Of course, I had deleted the email. I was worried it had accidentally got stuck in the book I returned to the library and I would never find it. Nope, there it was sitting on the table where I had left it.

I went back and got the book... and another one just for good measure.

Strike Three:
I decided this weekend to take some shop drawings home from work since they were taking me longer than they should. I knew I wouldn't work on them, but I took them home anyways. I guess Hope springs eternal.
This morning as I was walking in the door to work I realized I had left them at home. Sigh. 45 minutes later I had returned this time WITH the shop drawings, hoping nobody would think I had forgotten about daylight savings... cuz I HADN'T!

Well, that's it. I'm OUT! Guess my sisters will all have to come and help me get back in :-)

TWO WEEKS!!

PS. I've decided that people who aren't funny are just those who are prideful. They won't share all the dumb things they've done!

PPS.. after all of these incidents I called my Mom so she would commiserate with me. Poor Mom.

6 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

I'm so happy to hear that I am not the only one that has the coupon curse.

I am sure your family will be happy to come and get you back in...since they love you so!

helmhq said...

Yes, you can call me anytime with problems like these and I will readily commiserate. I know were you get it and you might as well come to the source for comfort!

Neita and Nate said...

It was interesting to hear the coupon craze is there too. The R.S. has offered two coupon classes within a month. There is a blog that I look at called Krazy coupon lady. Let me tell you, they are crazy! Don't throw your bat away yet, we are coming. I've been meaning to ask---are you supplying the gambling money too?

Bethanie said...

I've been trying to not get overly excited about coming to Vegas and I really have done a good job of it...except for today. I am getting sooo excited!!!!!!

Eliza said...

I just gotta say that I'm proud of you for trying and keep trying! When you pay $0.25 for $100 worth of groceries. It will be worth all the frustration! (I saw The Coupon Mom do this on the today show!)

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I hate it when that happens. Better luck next time.