I "got" to go to the Young Woman's General Broadcast Saturday Night and I wanted to share a challenge they gave us.
Many of u know that Virtue has been added to the list of Young Woman Values. In the latest Young Woman program, in order to get your medallion, you need to complete Value projects for each of the Values. They challenged ALL of us to complete the Virtue Value projects. Sister Cook (Second Counselor in the Young Woman's General Presidency) shared her experience of completing it with her 87 year old Mother.
I think it would be cool if all of us sisters (and Mother,Friends, Brothers and Father... if they feel so inclined) completed this value. It would certainly be an incentive for me if I had other people attempting at the same time.
They also continued the challenge to pray every day, read the scriptures for at least 5 minutes every day, and to smile.
We can do it! The projects can be found here.
As a side note, I rode my bike over to"Peggy's Attic" to help out Saturday Morning.. a 34 mile round trip. Man was I proud of myself! And of course, I told everyone I met so they would be impressed as well. Everyone in my ward reacts so well, telling me how wonderful I am. Ahh... so nice.
Funny story, I headed down Bonanza Road and trucked up the hill to the strip, but when I realized Bonanza doesn't go over the freeway, I headed north to the next cross over street (Washington) which took me back down the hill so once I turned West again, I had to head back up once again. I have to admit I didn't push it or anything, but the ride back was not as pleasant as the ride down. Downhill is fun.... except when u have to go back up! I also got a little pink, but if this is the only reminder sunburn I need this summer to start wearing Sunstop, I'll be grateful.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I definitely should have asked you for hotel recommendcations. The room had been remodeled and was actually nice, but man, horrible!
I'll do it with you! I never got my medallion )-: Are you still using the yahoo email?
Yup, I still use the same email addresss.
I got my medallion but lost it so a nice bishop on my mission got me another one.... yup, lost that one too. While I was at school we called the medallion ur virtue (funny that now that's a value!) so I've lost my virture TWICE!!
Man your rode your bike for how many miles? You are amazing! Sorry about losing your virture. HA HA
Way to go on the bike. Does not seem like an easy thing to get around Vegas on your bike. But you are doing it, that is awesome. I feel the same way you do about hills. I like them but not twice for silly reasons.
I never was a YW in the church, so maybe I should do whatever it is you are challenging us to do, but I would have to do some research first. Maybe someday...
Way to go! I could never dream of biking 34 miles. You are awesome!
I already congratulated you on your ride and am suitably impressed. I think your idea of doing the challenge is good too. I'm ready to give it a try.
Post a Comment