(Look to the Right for the start of the Virtue Value Project. I'm thinking we can handle one a week, right?)I don't know how many of u remember those
tunnels and bridge I told u about for the V&T Railroad. And do you remember that I rode the
train? (
Here is the video I took on the train ride)
Well, the bridge was put on my substructure Wednesday (March 25th... yes, this was supposed 2 post last week, but I was busy documenting SASW... too bad for u!) night. Arvid was on call all night and was pretty nervous, but it went off without a hitch.
Here is the pier:

Here is the Abutment (the thing hanging off the crane is formwork that makes the outside of the concrete look like its stone.... well, it's supposed to look like stone :-)

Here are the bridge sections on the Semi's ready to be taken to the bridge site.

The guy in charge of it in Reno said it would be just his luck if they put it up as AILWAY V&T R :-)

And the final product! Isn't it beautiful?

This is the news article on it.
Its always fun when something you designed comes together like this. My first Bridge!
(OK, just my first substructure... but it's more fun to say "My first BRIDGE")
5 comments:
This is wonderful. I read the paper article too. How fun for you to be able to say I did that! Too bad they didn't name you as the wonderful engineer who made it all possible, and it looks likes it went on perfectly, so now you have a very big feather for your cap.
Wow, go you. Can I touch you? You are famous. Forget about the bubble. Just this once.
That is amazing. You are so cool. I have to show Noah. He will think you are really cool, too. Just like Emily. I don't know anything about engineering but that bridge sure looks impressive.
Cool stuff Melanie. You say you are not very cool, but i still think you are. even if you didn't take the pictures. details...just details.
Wow, I need a claim to fame. Congrats that everything went so well. It looks like a very nice bridge.
Post a Comment