Thursday, April 9, 2009

What I have Learned from Exercising...... by MSH

1. Do not eat a ciabatta and fries from Jack-in-the-Box and expect to be able to go running 15 minutes later. Your tummy will rebel.

2. If you ever show up to a Ward activity decked out in your AWESOME biking outfit, you will be forever branded as an exercise freak, regardless of ur actual physic. Of course, it helps if you also show up to RS and YW activities in that same outfit to reinforce the idea; if you ask everyone you meet in the ward to do a triathlon with you; happen to run into people from the ward at the pool; and mention in every conversation how much you have/plan too exercise that day/week.

3. Birds, especially Cockatiels cannot stay on your shoulder while running on a treadmill. They don't even like trying.

4. If you wait an hour to shower after swimming and then have some ice cream... You will feel a chill and need a blanket while eating the ice cream.


5. Stretching before and after is so important. Even if you think it is not necessary because you are not a serious exerciser. If you are not a serious exerciser you HAVE TO! Otherwise your knees will rebel and you will have to go buy new running shoes.

6. The person in the lane next to you will be faster, regardless of gender, size, or age.

7. People with Mohawks exercise too, using the following procedure: use a machine for 1 minute, walk around for 10 minutes, repeat 3 times using different machines each cycle, leave wiping your sweating brow with the towel on your shoulder.

8. If you run until you feel like you are going to throw up, ever after when you walk into the exercise room and take a deep breath of all those smells, you will remember that feeling. Its not pleasant and may hinder any future exercising in that room.

9. The swimming pool parking lot is a GREAT place to practice your trumpet every week. Just remember to bring your chair and stand.

10. No matter how much faster you get on the treadmill, how many times you swim each week, how far you ride on your bike, Melissa* will ALWAYS be better.

*for the rest of you, insert either "Sarah" or "SOMEONE" for "Melissa"

9 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

There sure is a lot to know about exercising ...maybe I will just leave it up to you.

helmhq said...

Good to know, just in case Dad and I decide to start exercising. Rule number 2 doesn't quite do justice to the bragging required about your exercising. I find that the less the person does the more they brag. Maybe it's just me--I'm so proud of myself when I walk!

Melissa Bunn said...

You are so funny! Number 10 is not true. I think we are safe to insert Sarah's name there. Next time we go swiming together, I think you'll be surprised at how fast you are!

Eliza said...

I'll just insert MELANIE HELM and continue to eat my brownie.


P.S. I didn't get to enter the fair. I'm such a loser.

w.v.= dumbusa Yup, I'm dumb and from the usa, how did it know?

Unknown said...

i will!? wow, i feel so much better about myself now that i know that i'm better than all those people that insert my name.
:)
granted i've exercised about 1x/month so far in my training for the half marathon in August...

Sarah Jarvis said...

i love it. you are so funny. and if you come by this week or next, we can go work out together and i promise you will be faster. after that... hopefully i can get myself back together.
i wish i lived near you guys and we could do some biking together.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I wish I could see a video of spree on your shoulder on the treadmill. That one made me spit my juice at the computer screen. Good post for laughing. And no I do not want to do a triathalon with you, you crazy nut.

txparkinsons said...

i'm so glad you exercise! tom's training for a 5K ... i support him to ... i don't tell him how smelly he is and i was his 'sporty' outfits ...

and my donut is very good ...

Emily Nice said...

hey, where did my comment go? grrr it was very clever and cute, just like me. Oh well. I'm glad you make exercising sound so appealing because now I can blaime my lack of motivation on your exercise tips. :)