Monday, April 20, 2009

County Fair Results

The pick-up date was last Tuesday, but I'm not posting 'till now cuz we couldn't find my booties and hat! Of course, this was after it had taken me 45minutes to get there. I thought traffic wouldn't be that bad on the I-15 that early in the afternoon. Apparently traffic is ALWAYS bad in Las Vegas along the I-15. Anyway, as I walked back into work from the 45 minutes drive back, they called me saying they found them. No, I can't come back and get them... that would be GREAT if you could mail them!

Here they are... (you have seen some of these already)
The comment on this blanket was, "don't you think the edging is a little too heavy for the blanket?". NO. Hello, I chose the pattern. They're just jealous at how awesome it was. (I don't take criticism very well)No comment on this one but scored pretty low. You know what I dislike even more than criticism? Not explaining the score!Yes, my booties (sandals) got Third Best in Class. I did these sandals even though they are really annoying to crochet cuz you start and stop all over the place (leaves lots of ends of thread to weave in) . I told Melissa I needed to do something very different to place in Best in Class. I was right.

Oh, you want to see them closer? OK. Don't try and undo the button on the one on the right. Walmart just doesn't have that great selection in buttons (surprise surprise) so I ended up having to sew it closed. I'll have to find some smaller buttons and do it right later (or redo the button hole.... nope, too much work. I'll just find smaller buttons).

Next year I'm determined to get Best of Class. I need something way involved and way cute. This years Best in Class was a white crocheted Jumper for a toddler with cute crocheted flowers sewed to it. Any ideas?

Here are Melissa's dinner napkins she gave me for Christmas that I entered in the fair for her. Of course she gets third Best in Class without even trying.... sigh.

7 comments:

Bethanie said...

Yeah! More ribbons for you! Maybe you could crochet the mona lisa?

Emily Nice said...

you know one of your crocheted words could be impressive especially if it was something like a cool saying. I wonder if you did a whole matching set of blanket, booties, hat/bonnet, layette? Anyways I think I like that pink blanket the best. Its way beautiful! Any ways I'm way proud of you and Melissa. Whoo hoo for talented peeps.

Jesse said...

Wow you sure have been busy. Don't your hands hurt? I think you should hang your ribbons in one of your rooms to show them off =) Oh and way to go Melissa!!

Eliza said...

Congratulations! Your ribbons, uh I mean items are beautiful. I think I should buy the hat from you, Audrey would look adorable in it! The sandals are too cute! Good job.

I think you should do one of your name things too. You could do a quote or something. That would totally win 1st.

WARNERS said...

Wow, amazing work! Everything you make is so beautiful. I loved reading the tale of 3 dresses.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

OK where have I been. I didn't see this before.

Woohoo, who cares what some dumb judge says anyway.

I am way impressed with your mad crocheting skills. Way to go and for driving out there. Yikes. I-15 is so evil.

Shawna said...

How cool is that, that you entered so many things into the fair! I'm impressed with all of them. I wouldn't care what the judges said or didn't say, whoever you give them to will think they are the best things ever!