We had a meeting this morning and Transportation is off the chopping block for a couple months (until the major project we are pursuing is awarded). Apparently management went to Denver to discuss budgets, make future business plans, and plead our case to the powers that be.
Thank goodness for persuasive managers!
I admit I am not as overjoyed as I thought I might be. This whole situation has certainly brought to light what kind of company I work for. We will see what the future holds.
Don't get me wrong, I am SO grateful to still have a job.... especially when so many are struggling. I suppose the situation has just made me think more of where I want to be in the future.
For now, I will stop worrying about work and focus entirely on Sisters weekend!
I. AM. SO. EXCITED.
Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!
Every other sentence at church has been "My sisters are coming!". Pretty sure my Mia Maids know I am excited.
I might have already inflated all the blowup mattresses... and made all the beds.
And eaten all the ice cream. Don't worry sisters (and Mother), I now have money to buy more :-)
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yay! So glad you still have a job and that you get to see your family. It is probably a good idea to ride out the recession and then find a new job, unless you are SUPER daring. (From Tate)
Hooray! Go out and splurge on more ice cream. Your stressing is over and your sisters are coming!
It's OK neither Angela or I need the ice cream. Just so we get our gelato!
We actually were never that worried about your job. How could they let someone of your caliber go? Top it off with the fact that you're a woman, you have your PE and you don't make all that much yet!
WV- comed--that's us we will be comed to your house.
Hooray, and only 4 more days. Yay for sisters and yay for weekends.
Yay for the job!!!!!! Look out Vegas here I come!!!!!
Won't it be great not to have the job to worry about and just be able to enjoy your family! Yipee!
I'm glad that you will be able to focus 100% on me when I come. I can say that because I get in a little bit earlier then the rest. Wah ha ha ha gurp! Oh! Oh! I am so excited!
I'm very happy that your job is secure. And I'm excited that you get to have a sisters weekend. Sometimes I wish that I had some sisters, but I guess that I have sisters-in-law, they're probably just as good right? Except no childhood memories, it's okay I love my brothers.
Hip Hip Hooray!
Post a Comment