Thursday, June 25, 2009

I looked in my Garden and what did I see?

Remember my volunteer Squash-like plant of unknown origins?

It has now taken over my garden and escaped over the wall.

And low and behold what is it growing?
A Cantaloupe! As the weather has now crept above 100 degrees and is going to stay there for the rest of the summer, there is no way this poor plant is going to survive long enough to fully develop its offspring, but it shore gets kudos for trying. I had to take a picture now cuz when I get back from my Family Reunion it will be dried up and gone.

I'm leaving for the reunion TOMORROW! I. am. SO. excited.

To end, here is a random picture. On the way to work yesterday I followed this truck.
(Don't worry, when taking this picture we're stopped at a stop light where there are NO U TURNS and NO turning LEFT)
Perhaps the phone number changed and they haven't made a new sign. Perhaps.

5 comments:

Gage said...

sure you were stopped! I've seen you drive.

Sarah Jarvis said...

lucky! i wanna have a melon plant in my garden. well, actually karl is trying to have two melon plants and so far they are doing well. i am excited for you and em to have a family reunion and hope you have tons of fun.

Shawna said...

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps

Anonymous said...

So glad I'm not in Vegas having to see all the living plants slowly wilt, dry up and die under the heat. It's been random rainshowers out here.

txparkinsons said...

we followed a truck looking the same on the way home from nm ... same truck?