Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pretty, Pretty Peppers and (not so much) Peanut Butter

My peppers were turning red on the plants so I thought I should use them before I left for the Family Reunion (JUST THREE MORE DAYS until I leave this joint!). I thought they were so pretty that I took a picture.
Aren't they so cute? Then I thought they were so pretty when I cut them up so I took another picture.
And then another.
All that color from two peppers. Of course the picture doesn't do it justice, just take my word for it that they were oh so pretty. (FYI, I put them in eggs with some other vegetables... ie, a scrambled quiche)

Then Sunday morning I made a peanut butter and whipped cream refrigerator pie so my Mia Maids and Beehives would have an incentive for participating in the lesson (recipe from Confession of a Pioneer Woman). Unfortunately, I didn't have enough of the regular peanut butter, so I had to break out the Winder Farm organic stuff.Now, which looks more appetising to u? Ick.

9 comments:

Gage said...

organic smorganic. looks yucky.

Bethanie said...

looks nasty to me too. Jenny got me addicted to the natual peanut butter. Organic whatever!

Montana at the Helm said...

I do admire your beautiful peppers. I hope my will look and taste that pretty too!

Shawna said...

One more reason to be made at Winder. Your peppers look very Christmasy.

Emily Nice said...

yep doesn't look so good, but the question is did the pie turn out tasty? Your peppers look great! What did you make with them?

Yay only 3 days till I see you!!!

helmhq said...

Wish my pepper plants looked good and that they had peppers on them! We've had too much cool weather and they look sad. I think I'll stick with my not so good for you stuff.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Emily, I can tell you that the pie was very tasty. Delicious even. You will have to make Melanie make you one at the reunion.

Melissa Bunn said...

Looks yummy...maybe not the peanut butter. My peppers are multicolored too!

Melisa said...

I love your peppers! Not so much the PB though... Did the cantaloupe survive?