So I'm riding my bike back home from the stake YW activity last night. I was a little late (an hour) cuz I had other errands I needed to take care of before I leave today for the Family Reunion (!!!!(I'm speachless I'm so excited)!!!!), but I thought I would show up to let them know I care. Yup, always thinking of others. Being single tends to bring that out.
Most of the way is downhill and I'm thinking how cool I look in my outfit and shoes while going so fast. Maybe someone from my ward will see me and think "How awesome is that Sister Helm?". Finally I turn down Buffalo Street, sighing just a little cuz no one saw me and now they won't cuz they live farther east. As I pull up to the next stoplight, I unclip my right foot to rest it on the curb... and promply fall over to the other side (only the THIRD time I've EVER fallen over. Just wanted to make that clear. Only the THIRD time. Thank you). Quick as a bunny, I jump up to get out of the way of the cars and get back on the bike. Oh my, I feel SO DUMB.
Then I hear it.
"Sister Helm! Are you OK?"
I look over and in the opposite turn lane there is a suburban FULL of girls Sister Senecal is taking home after the activity. The windows are down. They are laughing.
Can I look any LESS awesome? Sigh.
Pride goeth before the Fall. LITERALLY.
PS. I did stress to those girls that it was only the THIRD time I've fallen and lamented the fact that out of all the places they coulda seen me, it was then. Then I told them I'd beat them off the line and pedaled out into the crosswalk to wait for the light. They were in a turn lane.
I won.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
He who laughs last wins. It's always a race. I am glad you won and will continue to call you my sister.
Thanks for the good laugh! As we say to Gage (and now he says it to us)..."You're the best"!
Just think if they hadn't come along you wouldn't have had such a funny post to write today.
Sister Helm your the best. Just saying. Safe travels.
Ha. That is really funny. I would have laughed. But I know what it is like. Although I have only fallen ONCE. :-)
Thanks for being so honest about thoughts and feelings. It makes your blog such a fun read.
You Pegged it! So glad only your pride was hurt. Thanks for the laugh.
AH HA HA HA HA HA! That was so funny. Isn't that just life. When you are finaly feeling really cool about yourself, something happens to take that all away. Did I mention that you are so very funny?
So funny!! Thanks for another good laugh. Have a wonderful time at the reunion!
That's a bum deal about falling in front of the YW. It is sooo hard to get their respect when we're older than them.
So sorry about your fall, I never do that kind of stuff-that's why I was the coolest girl in school.
Too bad your cantaloupe will not be surviving when you get home, I love growing squash and melons, they're my favorite to grow!
Hope that you have a good time at your reunion.
Mel,
I love your stories keep sharing. I fell off a curb once when I was running 5Ks luckily it was 5 am and no one was around. I still have the scar on my knee. Diana
Post a Comment