We had to go through an active mine area, waiting for the barriers to come up. It was like a railroad crossing with no railroad. I was pretty disappointed that we never saw a big truck go by.
Man were they nice cabins! I didn't take any pictures of the houses cuz were there to see FAMILY, so just take my word for it. After putting our food in the fridge and dumping the water off the porch, Emily and I enjoyed the calmness and solitude before the rest of the crew showed up. We could hear the birds and a rainshower even went by. It was lovely!First to show up was Bethanie (and family) from Wisconsin... then Jenny (and family) from Texas... then the parents and Aaron from NM... then the big caravan of Nathan (and family) from Idaho, Jared (and family) from Montana, and Angela from Ricks (BYU-ID). I knew Jared was disappointed at how long it took them to get there, but we were happy to see him cuz he brought DINNER! pulled beef sandwiches... YUM.
I took pictures of PEOPLE cuz that's what I wanted to do. So now ur gonna be inundated with pictures... It was so fun to see everyone and get reacquainted. (If u weren't out on the porch, I didn't get ya)
Dad and Sarah

Mom, Natalie, Bethanie, Andrew, Carley.

Nathan, Wyatt,
Emily
Amy and Neita (one of us was moving and it certainly couldn't have been the camerawoman :-)

Bailey, Aaron and Alec.. already starting on deep conversations,

Andrew, Joel

Jenny, Tom
Wyatt, Megan 

Natalie, Bethanie,
Roasting Marshmallows
for s'mores .. see that look of concentration on Gage's face.
He found a stick, put a marshmallow on it, held it over the flame.. then ate it. No frills, just sugar. (Neita, Joel, Bethanie and Andrew in the back, Bailey, Sarah, Anneliese, Carly, Gage and Emily)Next Installment: The BIG HEADS!
7 comments:
keep them coming, I'm glad nothing of me yet.
It looks so fun! Now I want to get together with my family-hmm.... Oooo... I'm gonna have to show you a picture of my new s'mores stick, you will love it-and then I'm sure you'll want one of your own.
you did get most everyone so good job there!
Mel, what a fun reunion. I need to get started on ours for Sept. Any suggestions would be helpful. By the way a screen over the cantelope might do the trick. Great veggies. I am so proud of your green thumb
Looks like so much fun. I love big families.
Your picture of Gage is one of my favorites. Such serious business cooking a marshmallow! You did a great job of documenting a fun time.
CARLY wants to emphasize that CARLY spells CARLY's name CARLY ... not carley, but CARLY just in case anyone wants to know how CARLY spells CARLY's name ...
Post a Comment