Apparently I am shocking. I didn't know I was shocking until I mentioned the following information to my relatives at the 4th of July Picnic.
I'm not good at keeping secrets, except for when I.... Um. Never mind.
Now brace urselves. I'm not trying to scare you, just allowing you to terms with it before you come face to face with it. Are you ready?
OK, here we go.
Bikers don't wear underwear under their spandex. That's the point of spandex.
Take a deep breath. This is why I wear shorts over my spandex. Still two layers.
OK?
Breathe. Here's a tissue.
Emily, Mom, Aunt Lynn and Aunt Nola were quite shocked. I'm sorry, Mandy, if you got a phone call from your weeping mother.
I know it's true cuz Melissa (a real biker) once told me you could tell new riders by the underwear line under the spandex.
Now you know. So please refrain from yelling at passing bikers since they have enough issues it is, as u now know.
Here are a few other bits of useful information I have gleaned from biking with Melissa.
1. Going uphill is worth it for the downhill (Not so sure I agree with this but it sounds good).
2. Bikes become sad if left in the trunk of your car for more than a couple hours. You must bring them in to the Hotel room or store them back in the garage.
3. The wind is evil. It is perfectly OK to yell at it when riding your bike or better yet, don't go out at all. That'll serve it right.
4. You should give encouragement to those slow people you pass because it annoys them Oh wait, maybe that's just me).
Now go out and give those bikers some love. They are fancy free!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
You made me laugh this morning! Of course all those five points make perfect sense...but if you're not a biker, I guess it all sounds a little strange. Thanks for riding with me on Saturdays!
OH MY! I'm shocked. I will totally have to roll down my window the next time I am at a stoplight and a biker is beside me and say something "cheeky".
Shocking and inconceivable even.
umm this is something you should've kept to yourself. remember I said i couldn't be your friend if you didn't wear underware. this is why we can't live together.
I guess I can't be Em's friend anymore either. I don't even wear shorts over my spandex. Did you tell them also that bike shorts have an anti-bacterial pad? You should've. I remember the bike ride my teammates found out I am wearing underwear (I had NO idea you were not supposed to) and totally making fun of me. That cured me. Plus, it just makes sense. TO a biker, that is.
I think Andrew would like to be a biker. Sorry I can't write more but I burned my fingers on the pizza pan. Take about smart...
I am neither shocked nor appalled. After all you don't wear underwear under your swim suit!
WV stedred=what your face looks like when you discuss such things?
Ballerinas don't wear underwear under their tights. Hmm. I don't even want to think about ballet boys, but somehow that came to mind. Ew! I'm so sorry.
Huh, didn't know.
Yeah i don't think it is that gross but maybe that's because I lived with a bunch of bikers before. I do agree on point 4 the last tri i did people kept saying stuff and I started to get annoyed I was just really enjoying the scenery. Oops I guess I was supposed to be racing =)
Hmm---not sure I really needed to know this seeing as the boy I'm currently liking is a serious bikier. Thinking of him in that way changes things a bit...
Post a Comment