Friday, July 31, 2009

Button and Zip

Why do work pants have so many buttons?

When you do up normal pants there are 2 things to remember, button and zip. Pull them up, button and zip.

I can handle that.. button and zip. Can do that all day, button and zip. There should be a song.

"Learn from your pants. Button and zip, button and zip. Your lip!" (hey now, it rhymes)

Unfortunately, work pants often involve hook, button, and zip; or button, button, and zip; or my favorite, hook, hook, button, button, zip. I suppose they are trying to help that front panel to flow smoothly across the fat. It probably would work if I tucked in my nice work shirts.

So what happens if over a weekend of button and zip you forget there might be a third action?

I'll tell you what happens. The next time you go to use the restroom, ur grateful ur shirt is so long.

I have developed a new routine. Before leaving the restroom, always check the zipper (perhaps it shoulda been an old routine?).

This has been a public service announcement.

6 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

I plan on learning from your lesson! Thanks

Emily Nice said...

what no pictures?

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fun trip to Provo, those pictures from the canyon are so beautiful!
I too don't like how work pants work, I had a couple that zipped on the side-boy that was a pain. And those hooky thingies sometimes break and then you have to replace them.
I think that it's good that you look professional when you go to work though, a lot of people don't...

Unknown said...

I never know whether to button first or zip first or hook first. Whichever I do, doesn't seem to be easy. Why to they make that button on the inside so difficult to get to, especially if one happens to have a desk job and gains a little weight so all her work pants are rather tight around the waistband...not that *I* ever gain weight from not exercising for years...nope! oh, and I usually lose the button after a while, and you know what, usually, just the hooks will do, as long as you remember to zip! ;)

Bethanie said...

I like Emily's comment:)

Eliza said...

It's a good thing I only have to wear "Mom" jeans to work. I don't think I could handle the pressure of all of your hooks, buttons and zipping!