Saturday, September 6, 2008

Biking to Work

I just wanted to show u a picture of me in my cool biking outfit. Unfortunately, I wanted a picture of me on my cool bike, but Spree wouldn't hold the camera. Dumb bird doesn't know how to operate a camera. All he had to do was push the button when I said. What good is he? As u can see from the picture, I like biking enough to get the outfit but not dedicated enough to have the body.
OK, so that looks really silly cuz I'm in the downstairs bathroom... too bad!! I pulled the shorts up so u can see I'm a real biker with spandex. I wear shorts over my spandex padded bottoms cuz I'm not that brave yet. Nobody really wants to see my lower half in spandex, especially me.
Wish me luck riding home. I'm gonna try and avoid heat exhaustion this time. It's only gonna be 101 today I think and I'm riding back earlier than last time.
PS.. I'm here at work cuz I went to a PE review some guy here at work put together but I'm leaving early cuz... its really dumb! Not helpful at all. (I suppose I shoulda guessed since this will be the 5th time he's taking it) I'm glad I got the handouts, but I think that's all I'll do from now on. At least I got a bike ride in before we swim tonight!

8 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Wow! biker shorts! Don't those help you go faster? but maybe not as much when you wear other shorts over them...he he

Bethanie said...

Melanie you are realy funny!! I like readying your blog. And I think you look sexy. I would hang out with you in your biking outfit!
Wcbitrrrtgr!

Eliza said...

I love your outfit. You look uber cool! I can't believe that you bike in this heat, and on these crazy roads! I don't even like walking out to my car and going for a drive! Too hot, too crazy out there!

Sorensen said...

You are the fitness queen!

WARNERS said...

The body, the bike, the brains, the blue jersey and the bum squeezing spandex - and who said you couldn't have it all?! You've inspired me not to eat my next bowl of ice cream (two should suffice, right?) Thanks, I really enjoyed reading your blog!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Maybe you need to get a flashing light or something. these roads are crazy and i know someone who has been hit by a car twice in the past six months. both times he was ok but still not good. happy biking and good luck with the swimming.

Emily Nice said...

I get to see you in your outfit in two weeks. YAYA

ghbquqar or backwards raquqbhg

Helm 9 of 10 said...

Hmmm....