I have been getting emails for the Pumpkin Man triathlon being held in Las Vegas on October 17th for quite some time. Since the same people that run the Kokopelli triathlon run this one, I just assumed they had gotten me on the wrong list as I never got the Kokopelli emails. Well... yesterday I decided to check to make sure I wasn't on the roster after a fellow competitor here at work suggested I look.
There I was! In black and white, signed up on July 29th to run the sprint. What the?!?!? I had decided not to do it since I will be taking the PE the weekend after. Besides, it was sold out so the point was mute. But... a free triathlon (I couldn't find a charge on my credit card).... Melissa's doing it...... what do I do?
I told my friend at work about it and she said I better let BBSC Endurance Sports know they messed up, and implied that we wouldn't want to lie and cheat them out of their money. Sigh... and here I am supposed to be the good Mormon example. I emailed them yesterday to let them know.
This morning I got a response. Apparently I actually signed up before February. They didn't seem worried that I hadn't paid or that I hadn't actually signed up. They just told me I am registered and what information I had allegedly given them.
WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?
I'm afraid that if I try to do both (study and train) the less fun one will get left by the wayside... but I'm thinking the less fun is the more important. Self Control and I are not very good friends. Self controls me rather than me controling self.
PS... Did some stranger here that might read my blog and wants to leave a comment sign me up?
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hi pretty lady. i hope all works out for you and getting things cleared up with the triathalon. I appreciate the messages you leave on my blog. I wish I had more time to read all of your enteries. I'm just glad I can type fast so I can get a hello out to you before Elliott trys and takes over the keyboard. Missing you. mmiy that last bit was from elliott.
DO It DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't have anything to loose. You are already in shape so just keep it up. Just make a schedule for yourself and stick to it. There is no doubt in my mind that you can do both. You are amazing!!! Don't back out of the Tri just do it. I'm jealous that you get to do it!! Let me know what you do.
i agree with Jamie. If you actualy sit down and schedule it out, I'm sure you can do both. I believe in you for sure! When exactly is it in case I can come cheer you on?
gxoru!
I did better in school during the soccer season as I had to organize myself.
thanks for the vacation!
I totally agree! I think you can do it all. You are amazing!
Post a Comment