It took us a little to get going on
Saturday morning cuz I went for a bike ride. I wouldn't normally have worried about it, but Kokapelli is in a week!! Anyway, we went to the Venetian to ride in the gondola. It's kinda silly cuz u pay alot for a 15 minute ride, but Mom and I enjoyed. Dad just kept all his joy inside. Funny thing, the guy always put on his special happy camera face whenever we took a picture. All the guides did it. He did sing an Italian song for us too.
Saturday morning cuz I went for a bike ride. I wouldn't normally have worried about it, but Kokapelli is in a week!! Anyway, we went to the Venetian to ride in the gondola. It's kinda silly cuz u pay alot for a 15 minute ride, but Mom and I enjoyed. Dad just kept all his joy inside. Funny thing, the guy always put on his special happy camera face whenever we took a picture. All the guides did it. He did sing an Italian song for us too.

Dad spent alot of time seeing how it was run. We of course could see the trolling motor, but took a little time to figure out how the guide was controlling it. Ended up they had two buttons they controlled with their heels. Now all u engineers know. Phew! (Dad made me point)
These are some pictures of the fun things we saw at the Venetian... The opera singers and then these girls on stilts with long poles on their hands and wrapped in vines. I think they were supposed to be a "living garden". Mom thought they were pretty cool. They had pretty faces in green and lined in gold.
Then we ate at the cafe there. Dad wanted to go see the new bridge over the dam so we headed that direction... stay tuned!




4 comments:
wow those are some fun pictures! I hope you aren't too tired from kokopelli to want to play with me when I come this weekend!
nghncpz
You are such a talented pointer!
Liked your pictures!
I've never been on the gondala ride, but it looks like fun. Those green tings were weird!
wow...i wonder if they aspired to be a living garden when they were younger.
Gondolla rides in Venice itself I bet you anything are more expensive...tourist trap for sure.
Post a Comment