Emily mentioned yesterday that Jen Wilson (a former Cherry Chub) had had her baby right after Sarah Jarvis did. I was actually quite sad that someone hadn't told me earlier because now the baby booties are probably going to be too small. Sigh... I want all to be impressed and enjoy what beautiful crocheting wonders I can produce! If people tell me when they have a baby and give me an address, I will send what I have. This way I can create even more. Fill the world with my wonderfulness! Of course, you would think I could keep up better on the future offspring of my friends and family, but that fits into the same categories as names. I can't remember worth beans.... or gold.
Here is what I sent to Jen... or should I say Ruby, her daughter. I did a little bit of a photo shoot last night with a blanket and a lamby in the background.
Very cute, if I do say so myself. The sandals are a staple in my library of booties, but the sneakers are newer. I usually do a loafer type with a button and I used to do white ones with little hearts on top. Mm.. I wonder why those went by the wayside... They do come out a little bigger than the others. I designed some MaryJane type ones (based on another design I have... I'm not cool enough to come up with my own) and I've done a moccasin type. Booties are how I got into thread crochet because when I originally looked for bootie patterns, all I could find in yarn were those ugly, thick, fat monstrosities. I decided if I wanted to make cute booties, I had to learn to do thread. My first thread experience had not been good at all (think cup shaped thin layer of threaded knots that was supposed to be a doily), but through the bootie experience I learned you needed to have the right thread matched with the right hook. Now my crocheting is awesome! A moment of silence to think of the wonderfulness. ..... OK, go on about your business.



5 comments:
Way Cute! I love how you put your own spin on them.
I feel very special that you displayed my veggies on your counter. I'm glad they were tasty. (see its all about me :)
I think your booties are wonderful, and so are your other creations. Are you ever going to try another fair? I think you should!
Super cute booties and what a yummy looking spread. I'm totally jealous of you, your talents and not having to buy groceries!
Yes you are very awsome at crocheting. I stand amazed and awestruck. Moment of silence observed in your behalf.
He He Have a great day.
Tate's booties were so cute he never wore them. They became room decorations, and they are still there brand new and precious.
Post a Comment