Side Note: I just happened to search on Google for a Little Bo Peep costume ideas a couple weeks ago. Guess what comes up on the Yahoo banner above my email account? "Sexy little Bo Peep Costumes". I saw these costumes while searching but clicked on the little girl/big girl ones for ideas. (and they are around 45 dollars... I wonder if they've noticed the economy lately?) Who wears those types of costumes anyways? Nobody I know.
I went swimming Friday night with my NEW CONTACTS and it was so exciting! OK... not really. I don't know what I was expecting, cuz I just swam like normal ('cept I forgot my puffer so I had to just do drills). I could now see the lifeguards watching me in awe (I'm sure it was awe... it had to be awe. I just know that was an awe smile...I know cuz my middle name is smart) and the older man in the other lane making sure he beat me every lap. I was doing drills and he had on hand flippers... not much of a contest. I think this is the same man that spoke to me a couple of weeks ago about how I push him to swim faster, but I don't know cuz I couldn't see. He said hi this time so I'm assuming he's the same person. Then I got out... and went home to watch Numbers. Sigh... pretty normal.
BUT THEN... Saturday morning I was determined to ride my bike and wear SUNGLASSES! I wear sunglasses in the car that fit over my glasses, but those type portray old lady rather than slick biker. I even got up early and was going to go to the dollar store to pick out some new ones when I saw some left at my house many many moons ago! Way cool slick biker kind like Jared would wear. Boy... did those glasses help me go faster! 34 miles in 2.5 hrs (not counting the hour rest/bathroom break at Melissa's house of course... kinda was hoping for an offer to hop into the spa, but I didn't take my swimsuit so we'll let it pass this time without saying anything). I was pretty tired afterwards, but was way pleased of myself. It was those contacts. If I had only known earlier...
Tonight I will try them out running on the treadmill.
One more contact story... Sunday at church nobody noticed the contacts 'till the very end when one of the YM that came in after YW to try and mooch cookies said "Sister Helm, where are ur glasses?". I had to tell him and all the other woman around that he was the first (and only) to notice! I'm hoping that's not a bad thing. (ie... she looks different but lets not say anything cuz maybe its just a bad day...)
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I'm so glad your contact make you faster and more glamorous! But now you will have to watch out for all the adoring men.
Everybody better watch out for you at your next triathalon! You'll be unstoppable!
Glad you like them! I know its just going to get better and better and you are going to get faster and faster!
suplogil!
Oh and you should put a picture!
corbirop!
I love having contacts in the pool, because then I can see. The one down side is that now I know people can see me becuase I can sure see them. But pictures would be nice..hint!
I'm sure it was awe too.
hee hee. So cute, you are.
And so lucky your middle name is smart. My middle name is just test.
You're too funny! I"m sure everyone was in awe. I'm in awe and I didn't even see you swim. I'm in awe because I've never thought to go to the dollar store for sunglasses. If i were there Sunday I would have said something about you not wearing glasses. I guess I'll jsut have to wait until Thurs. night.
Contacts! What a huge step. I bet all the people were so in awe they forgot to comment. Can't wait to see them...(hint, hint)
too bad i am only #9, but hey, i am getting you one closer. And since you always comment on my blog. i always know it is either you, em, or jamie cause you are the only ones to comment. but that is ok with me. maybe germans dont know what the word "comment" means. i should tell them. you and em are some of the funniest people i know. you crack me up. except that i cant laugh too loud or i will wake up the boys. can i come run on your treadmill? you are getting serious with this triathlon thing. i want to race with you next season! k? are you coming up here soon? for jamie's shower? i want to see you when you are here. still have your book, too. let me know! ok, that is enough!
Yeah I am the 10th does that mean I will get dinner? I win I win I helped you reach your goal. I am so excited that you got contacts. I can't wait to see you in 2 weeks. I wish it was this weekend because parties are always fun but I guess I can wait a week. I am way proud of you for biking for 2.5 hours- GO Melanie! see you soon.
Hey what about me? Am I chopped liver? I said something the minute I saw you and I was sleep deprived and everything. I think I should get extra points and a shout out on your blog.
slinking off to bed.
Post a Comment