So... this post isn't really going to be as exciting as the title sounds. Too Bad!
I've been thinking somewhat about my sister's post and how we become tired of our day to day lives. Enduring to the end is the hardest thing ever... isn't that how the Chinese water torture goes? Its only one drip at a time, but eventually you have a pretty big bucket full of misery. (Take that for a simile Bethy!) Those Chinese.. diabolical. They made everything into torture.. learning to read (those characters don't really mean anything, they're just pulling ur leg)... learning to speak (you can't put diphthongs in your language! DUH)... or eating their food (unless its Americanized and all the eyeballs are taken out).
Like my mother said in her note to Bethy, its sometimes nice to have a catastrophe (a handle-able catastrophe... let me spell it out so someone upstairs doesn't get any ideas... no layoffs, house burning, car crashes, killing anyone close to my heart (far away is OK), or going to jail... and none of this to any of my family or friends... going to the hospital is OK as long as they don't stay over a week and have no lasting disfigurements or pain. Thank you... Amen ) so you can complain to others and have a reason for your unhappiness. Something to talk about/reason to visit/make people worry about you.
Who gets tired of happiness?!?!
Sometimes that is how it feels. Surrounded in luxuries (food, house, clothes, job, friends, family, time and flexibility), I have plenty of time to stew about my weaknesses (fast food, starch, puzzles, chocolate). Really need to get started on that fiber.
Obviously the solution for me is service to others and sharing my luxuries. Anybody feel like being a project? Maybe I'll wait 'till after all the Christmas craziness of traveling here and there and spending money.... or when things settle down at work in Feb/Mar... or after I'm finished studying for the test in April... or after the Triathlon in May with Sarah (you game Melissa?)...
This doesn't help Bethy any... She's doing a pretty good job on the service part with her beautiful children and wonderful homemaking skills. Guess she'll have to find her own solution.
Although I did learn all about wheat in an RS class and could maybe share. Did you know u can use it just like rice? U'd think I woulda figured that out, seeing how its a grain. I must warn you however, that they told us to be careful adding it too quickly to your diet. We all know what too much fiber can do to a body. CATASTROPHE.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
yeah, i am the first to post and pretty excited to be mentioned in your post. have you talked to melissa? i will. so good to see you in person. you are even funnier then.
I don't think I'll really be up to a triathalon in May, sorry! ;)
I agree that day to day life can drag you down. My advice is to hang on to those moments of anticipation. Like preparing for a trip. Like Christmas. When you are busy thinking about what is going to happen, then you aren't stuck thinking about where you are.
Have fun thanksgiving with all your family. I would like to try being happy for a change of pace. he he
Sorry to the Sarahs! I shoulda specified which Sarah. But all are welcome to do a triathlon with us. It will be a very short one in American Fork and just for woman. No pressure (just stand behind the first commenter Sarah otherwise u just might get mown over).
I guess not as many people have as happy lives as me! So they don't comment :-)
We all know what too much fiber can do to a body. CATASTROPHE.
I'm laughing so hard right now! Thanks I needed that.
Hello. Sorry that I don't comment very often, most of the time I'm holding a baby and I hate typing with just one hand-it takes forever. A lot of times I don't really feel like I have a lot to say, at least nothing profound. I enjoyed your post (and Bethanie's too) and it has made me think about my life and the cycles that I go through while living it. At this point in time I have been facing a difficult spot for the last four months-my back got messed up during Brodi's delivery-and I have been in pain (of varying levels) since then. At what point are you considered a chronic pain sufferer person? At what point are you considered a pain pill addict-perhaps when they stop working? I find that lately I have hit a low spot-feeling like things will never get better and I will never return to normal-and I have been praying about it a lot lately (mostly for some relief). Apparently that's not supposed to happen just yet-so I will keep going on and hope for better things. I find that I can now appreciate things from my more simple and previous life a lot more. Perhaps that it what I'm suppost to learn (I feel like I've learned this lesson now so it can go away PLEASE!). Anyways, so now that I've made a really long comment I feel like it makes up for all those times that I haven't commented. Does that count?
Post a Comment