Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Day

I voted! I am proudly wearing my sticker. Everybody else voted early so they don't have stickers on. Well... 'cept Marcia. She had her's from last week in her purse so she put it on so I wouldn't feel too special. Thanks Marcia, for helping me with my prideful nature!

I tried to go when the lines would be short cuz of the horror stories I was hearing on the radio in other states. I needn't have worried. There was a steady stream of old people coming in and going out but no waiting (remember... my idea of 'old people' is somewhat tainted by the fact that I see myself as 10 yrs younger than anyone around me). Apparently they were actually doing 2 precincts at the same time at my polling place. I'm glad I didn't wait until the afternoon or later!! The casinos shift change happen around 2 or 3pm. It might be interesting to see the bedlam that could create!

Here's something surprising.... the kids got school off for voting day! How cheap is that?!? I never remember getting the day off. We had voting booths at school and would do our own vote that day. Or... vote at our desk with a ballot. Man... I shoulda grown up in Nevada. They get so many holidays like Nevada Day, Voting Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, 5th of May Day, Mexico Independence Day, Gringo Day, Chile Pepper Day, etc.. (OK.. so I made a few of those up). Mm... maybe that's why their graduation rate is so small. You gotta go to school to learn anything! Sigh... If they would just elect me Queen, I'm sure I could straighten this all out. Maybe Satan's plan wasn't that bad.... I'll just MAKE you do what is RIGHT!

PS. A word to the wise. I am no longer going to post every day. I've been actually working at work and have decided the only way I'm going to keep from spending way too much time here blogging is to not blog every day. And... to maybe even blog on weekends! We'll see. It's an evolving process.

9 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

I voted early too! Jared and I traded off this morning with Gage so we could get it done!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Oh no I am going to miss reading all your insightful and entertaining stuff. But I do understand that this blogging thing can take over your life it you let it.

Emily Nice said...

I voted and didn't have to wait in line because I went this afternoon when no one else went! I guess everyone decided to vote early which worked well for me. Yay for me!

sclishra

Eliza said...

Horray for being able to vote and to have a voice in our country.

No more blogging at work? Say it ain't so!

txparkinsons said...

the costume was cute and creative - a little over the top! i voted right after work at 2:30 and didn't wait in line at all - i voted libertarian party so none of this is my fault!

Unknown said...

I went in at 7:15 to vote, hoping to be able to get to work on time for once (8). The Elementary school I was voting at didn't have all their machines working though, so I waited 45 min. Alas, I was not on time to work. But when am I ever?

Bethanie said...

So, I had to wait in line Only for an hour and that was because i had to register first. I waited until jim came home from work, then needed to eat. Eating is very important. Goodness I wish I didn't need to eat. I have a years worth of storage.

Sorensen said...

Yeah for Democracy!

Chelsea said...

I voted and got a red, white, and blue sticker that had a happy little check mark on it.
Last year I got an ugly maroonish-brown sticker that said "I voted," and I wanted to add, "and all I got was this stupid sticker."
But this year the sticker was much improved. I think I'll vote every year.