Thursday, November 20, 2008

To Do Lists.. and Pies

Here is my to do list for today...

Clean Bird Cage
Go Swimming
Young Womans Activity
Finish getting blanket ready to crochet
Pack for Utah weekend trip
Laundry
Finish Watering plants
Drop off Prescription
Pay bills

Here is the to do list for yesterday.

Clean Bird Cage
Go Running
Relief Society Activity

Finish getting blanket ready to crochet
Pack for Utah weekend trip
Laundry
Water plants
Drop off Prescription
Pay bills


And here is the list from 2 days ago.

Clean Bird Cage
Go Biking
Meet for Ice cream with friends
Get blanket ready to crochet
Laundry
Water plants
Drop off Prescription
Pay bills
(I thought if I put them in a bigger font, it would get done)

Do you see a pattern? (I'd list Monday's list with the Single Adult FHE and going swimming... but I thought you might stop reading) I get the activity and exercise in, but just start on the others. I wore jeans to work the first 2 days of this week because of the laundry issue. Finally I just gave up and wore dirty pants (They're dark... you can't really tell). And what is funny about it is that I actually really plan on doing everything on the list! But then when I get home from work, I find I really just want to work on my puzzle, or get on the computer and check out all the websites, or work on my puzzle some more, or read, or work on my puzzle. Yes I'm single, yes I have no other responsibilities, but I'm just busily doing nothing. Didn't some General Authority warn about this?

Sorry my posts have gotten a little morbid and introspective... This happens to me a lot before big trips and vacations. And really.... I think its funny in a sad way.

Oh right.. I was going to mention Pies. They are having a pie contest today at work but I didn't participate. I coulda made an AWESOME apple pie, but decided to go the RS activity instead. Eternal progression or making the number of pies in the contest increase from 5 to 6.... Not really a hard decision.

7 comments:

Jared said...

I don't make lists, otherwise I might feel responsible to do them.

Montana at the Helm said...

Thanks for making me feel better about my to do lists repeats. I am the same way when it comes to getting some(undesirable) things done. It's not that I don't have time, I just plain don't want to.

Unknown said...

I haven't cleaned my bird cage in a while either. it seems to be the thing that get's pushed to tomorrow's list most often.

Heidi said...

Aren't philodendrons cool. You can notice that they are droopy and then still wait like 2 weeks before you water them and they still forgive you. About the only other plant I've found that does that is my Christmas cactus, but I think he is a little deranged, because when I water him after an extended drought, he flowers.

My lists used to be like that, but then I realized that lists are only good if you can cross some things off, so you should add things like: looked at list, thought about packing, received bills in mail...

Chelsea said...

I find that if I tell myself I have to finish everything... I don't even start. So all I say is I have to start. You start the laundry? Well, it will stink if you don't put it in the dryer. That = motivation!
Also, my to-do list always involves working for hours and hours in my yard, but I never want to do it. So I tell myself I'll just go out and stick one plant in the ground, and by the time that's done, I find other stuff, and pretty soon it's a couple hours. Yay!
Good luck on your lists. You should come say hi to me when you're up here! Or tell me where you'll be and when, and I could come see you! I think that sounds lovely. Thanks. Great idea! Thanks again!

helmhq said...

I'm with Heidi--I put stuff on my list I can cross off, and if I can't find anything to cross off I add what I've been doing so I can cross that off. A nice big thick red line can sometimes get me motivated to tackle what I've been putting off, or thinking of a nice reward. Do we ever outgrow bribery?

Bethanie said...

I make list for two different reasons; one to give myself guilt for being behind in so many things and hoping i'll get it all done. And second after the fact so that I can cross things off. There is something very satisfing with crossing something off. Slash, slash, scribble, sctibble...ahhh.