I thought this was pretty funny. Akiko IM'd me today.
Because of a submittal due Monday, we worked over the weekend. Akiko wasn't able to work long on Saturday so she came in on Sunday as well. She is going to Japan for her brothers traditional wedding and wants to look her best.
Akiko: I don't like my nail which I did on Sunday... I worked until evening and many nail salon closes at 5 o'clock, so I could not choose the best salon. I went the salon next to my apartment since I could see it open. a Vietnamese stubble-faced old man did my nail. he was wearing T-shirt with cute lovely monkey. He did my nail without paying attention since SUPER BOWL was broadcast on TV. I wanted him to color my nail with natural color, but he screamed "no color!!" when he finished my nail extension. He might wanted to consentrat TV .
Akiko then drew me a picture and showed me the old man with stubble. She said he really did SCREAM!
I just think of that lady comedian Anjelah Johnson with getting her nails done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWrY77o77o
I have to tell you that the REAL reason Akiko got her nails done (and eyelash extensions!). Apparently her brother is marrying someone younger than her and her sister (Akiko calls her VERY young at 25) and since her future sister-in-law's sisters are even younger than that, Akiko and her sister decided that they didn't want to look like old fogies.
:-)
I'm excited to see all the pictures she'll bring back of the traditional wedding.
6 comments:
I imagined the same thing especially after Grandma had her "nails done"--which she loved. Somewhat similar place. No wander they are a bit strange all that acetone?
I can't believe he screamed at her. But after watching Anjelah Johnson's comedian take on it, I guess she's not too far off.
have never had my nails done at a beauty place. Is that why i never had a boy friend? except for jim of course. that must mean he is
'weird" or something
Eyelash extensions. Wow, I want eyelash extensions.
no nail for me
Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that Jesse said if you could get him time off work and then buy him the tools in Vegas he would come out and build you a few things. Good luck with him getting time off. Maybe he could build something for you sometime and ship it to you but that might be kind of expensive. I married a good handy man=)
Post a Comment