Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm shore I have Diabetes

I've decided.
If you look up on the Internet you'll see I have all the symptoms.

I have to go to the bathroom all the time (lets ignore the fact that I drink 2 full nalgene bottles at work), I am lethargic, and I am always in a sugar low (meaning... I WANT/NEED sugar NOW).

Doesn't that mean I have diabetes? I don't want to get out of bed in the morning (except weekends). I just want to lay their and dream instead of going to work and... well... working. Then when I do get up, I just want to lay around and read new books or watch TV while crocheting or doing puzzles. See? Lethargic.

And every time I pass candy, chocolate, or fruit... I MUST take a piece. Its the rule. My body demands it.
Definitely Diabetes.
I'm also pretty sure I have Celiac Disease. You can read all about it on line.
I'm irritable if people don't do what I want, I sometimes have stomach problems (especially after eating too much pizza), and I had unexplained weight loss two years ago (I really wish I could explain it cuz then I would do it AGAIN!).
I read that 1 in 133 people have it and 90% of them don't even know they have it. How is this measured? If they don't know they have it, why don't the researchers tell them? Obviously they know in order to have the statistical information. Right?
I believe them even though about 75% of statistics are made up on the spot. Engineers are notorious for this.
I did it the other day... The bridge depth is about 98% shorter than recommended but its close enough, right Arvid?
To end this post, I want to show you what Akiko brought us back from Japan. I also wanted to show some pictures of the wedding, but the format isn't compatable with the computers at work.
Its a small chocolate square with a cracker attached to the back. Very tasty but kind of strange.
I think they put the cracker so they don't have to put as much chocolate. (Notice there are only 2 left? I ate the rest at work and would have eaten the last 2, but knew I wanted to take a picture at home.. see? Diabetes)

7 comments:

Sorensen said...

Girl then you have had diabetes and celiac at least since I met you in '96. I seem to recall all of these symptoms the entire time I have known you and they are contagious. Come visit me so we can veg and you can crochet something nice for my new peanut!

PS Zoe love the bead socks and needs new ones!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Poor thing. All these diseases. I feel with you, though. According to your symptoms, seems like even more people than I thought are suffering from diabetes, including myself. Hope you are getting better soon.

Emily Nice said...

what Mauvia had a baby? wow am i behind or what. Glad you think you have random diseases and don't have to wonder if you are pregnant. Ok that didn't make much sense but it was funny in my head. I love those crackers with chocolate. You could save some for me next time....if you really love me.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Good luck with that. I will try to send some sugar your way. Too bad there is no such thing as Wonkablogging, where you can send someone a chocolate bar over the internet.

WARNERS said...

ohhh - thats a great idea - the Wonkablogging. You're an engineer - maybe you should work on putting something like that together. Its good you have some sugar available for when your blood sugar gets too low!

Eliza said...

I think you just need a vacation. You sound like you are in a slump, which is only cured be something fantastic happening. Its a good thing that your "girls" are coming to visit soon. That will boost you up, and I can make you some more fudge which will definately get you going.

helmhq said...

Long ago I discovered how truly suggestive we are. In college we had whatever disease we studied, the symptoms changed with the area of the body we were covering. If it's so easy to think yourself ill why aren't we more successful at thinking ourselves well? Some seem to be better at it than others especially with a crutch (think placebo effect). We all see it when we have something really exciting or fun to do---now to harness the power of the mind and just be well!