Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Stamp with A name on it

And that name is MINE! (I thought I had this set to post yesterday... oh well, it will have to be this morning)

It came. And I saw. This is what I saw. Don't they know that packages with multiple stamps have bombs in them? Isn't that what I've read and what they tell you to watch out for? I'm sure I saw it on TV.

I opened it anyways. And here is what was inside.

See that paper torn from the Reno yellow pages? That is what my stamp was wrapped in. Talk about ghetto. I guess this is why the Nevada Board of Engineers uses these people, they're cheap. But wait, see the stamp next to it with a little elephant on it? Yes, each time you order from these guys you get a FREE "Wacky" stamp... as they call it. An elephant holding a heart for Valentines Day. That sure is WACKY!

I guess they aren't that cheap if they are giving away FREE stamps.

And here is the REAL stamp. (Upside down of course so u can't read the number and make ur own and start stamping plans for structures which then fall down and I get sued)Funny thing is, I don't feel different. I may have a Civil Engineer stamp but I'm still me. Don't know what I expected. Perhaps a beam of pure engineering knowledge shooting out of my stamp right into my head.

Sigh. Didn't happen. Guess I'll have to continue to muddle through and rely on Arvid for everything.

But lets look on the bright side. Now I can be sued! Although Melissa's sister-in-law (a lawyer) did say they would probably go after the company cuz I don't have deep pockets.

Phew.

6 comments:

Bethanie said...

I think you have a lovely stamp! and I am bring you some tins...so, please can I still stay in your house. It will be too hot in your garage.
I love you! Far, far, far away hug

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Woo hoo. Consider yourself scattered with balloons and confetti!!!!

Jared said...

I wish I had a stamp.
Don't know what I would stamp though, perhaps some cells.

Sarah Jarvis said...

Awesome! Hope you don't get sued anytime soon, or your company. But I am sure you do excellent work. I love your humor.

Shawna said...

You're so official! Congrats!

very cute little elephant stamp.

So how many times have you used your stamp so far?

Can you use it to mark all your books??

helmhq said...

Don't know when I've seen a prettier stamp! Congrats!! And--I like the elephant stamp too. Of course when I was little I had a stuffed elephant that I loved. Too bad I fed him oatmeal through the whole he'd developed in his neck.