Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Single Awareness Day (SAD)

I shore think I'm funny.

I know pictures make the post (at least in my case), but I forgot to take pictures of my SAD activities because I was having so much fun! Ahem. Fun on SAD day... hard to imagine I know, but I did it with lots of help from my friends.

Both Pat and Eliza's husbands were out of town so they came over to my house for a semi-spa night. I say semi because we each did our own spaing. Not that I minded. With my personal space issues (bubble) I even have a hard time sitting on those massage chairs that knead you... Something is touching me! Ick.

I wanted to have Round Table Pizza but ran out of time (its SO far away, probably 10 minutes) so I looked on Google maps (took 10 minutes cuz I have dial-up) and found Grazziano's pizza just up the street. I asked the guy on the phone for something that would appeal to a bunch of ladies. He slowly told me about each of their specials, hoping I would stop and buy one instead of making him list every single one. HA. I'm patient about food.

I ended up getting three different kinds, but the big hit was the California Pizza (shown here.. THANKS Pat for the picture) They put avocados and fresh tomatoes on AFTER they cook it. Perfect for a bunch of ladies! (OK, so it was only a hit with the old ladies, Pats daughter and friends weren't quite as impressed)

We watched "Singing in the Rain" and talked and ate (Eliza brought DELICIOUS peanut butter fudge (I never knew u could make that! All this time I've been missing out), Pat brought chips and guacamole) and I played with Eliza's little boy. He shore thought the little Bonn Bonn fingernail polish bottles tasted good. The pumice stone tasted nasty. I could see it in his face EVERY time he tried it.

I do feel bad about Pat's daughter and her friends not having fun things to do at my house. I forgot about all those beads and tissue paper flowers they could have been crafting upstairs while us old ladies enjoyed the quiet downstairs :-). Alas it was not to be. I know those kids had fun with soaking their feet, sitting on the massage chairs and painting their toe nails but I failed in the "time off from children" part of spa night.

We'll do better NEXT TIME, right?

11 comments:

helmhq said...

mmmm that pizza looks good. I'm so glad you had a good time. I'll bet everyone else did too.

Jared said...

The pizza doesn't look very good, who want to stick their feet in fuzzy water and stuff and why put funny colors on dead nails. Should have watched something classy like a movie with Cary Grant. I do feel bad for the pizza guy.

Montana at the Helm said...

Hey! That is a fun idea and I think the pizza looks good. YUM!

Chelsea said...

I'm richer than Calvin Coolidge-- PUT TOGETHER!!!

Eliza said...

I had a great time! Thanks for hosting. I can't wait until next time! :)

evil social worker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Jared you are right, where was the Cary Grant. Charade or one of my all time favs Bringin Up Baby.

Thanks Mel for hosting. I feel I can call you that, since I burst your bubble and all.

And stop with the feeling bad about the kids thing. I have been away from her so much for the past 3 weeks that it fun to have her there. If I really needed time away I would have made her stay home.

Yur the best and I love how much we love the same movies. And the pizza was to die for. Have you read all the comments on my blog. People are going bonkers for the idea. If we ever need a fundraiser for bloggers, I know of a sure fire idea.

And I am glad your SAD day was fun.

Unknown said...

Um... I like pizza-you should have invited me. Wait... Personal bubbles are important-but it seems like down here people don't have much of one. At the grocery store people are always standing WAY too close to me, it's like they're trying to figure out my pin number so they can mug me and take my debit card that has tons of money in it's account. We should all be on guard for those types of people.

Bethanie said...

I'm glad that you had a good time. i'm excited for you to call me tomorrow. Yay! I love phones...when it is a good phone call...and when it is someone I want to talk to.

Jamie Pearson said...

That pizza looks so good its making me sooo hungry. i guess I should go eat..hm thats an idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi M. That's one of my favorite pizzas w/o the olives though. I only put tomatoes on after the pizza is cooked. Nathan and I didn't have a big Vday, we feel it's overrated, although we still did a few extra nice things throughout the day.

I wish I had been in Vegas to do the girls night. Nathan was at school prepN for his big recital. My nails oh-so-need a new coat of fresh paint.

Missing ya and all the fun times.

B