Sunday, January 11, 2009

California Beach

Of course, the real reason Emily wanted to stay longer in California was to see the beach!!! I decided I like the beach too... ALOT. I was sad we didn't get to spend more time at it, but we'll have to go back sometime.

For some reason, I didn't get any pictures of Mandy and Mitch! Ah well... Their kids are cuter anyways!



Emily took us to this cool tide pool place where there were yucky squishy sea anemones and lots of snails. Alot of the shells there were occupied! It was REALLY cold and windy until the sun went down.




Later, we went to a beach to find shells. Emily is the BEST shell finder.
I pretended to run away from the waves!
I had lots of fun... That's when I decided I like the beach. We were on our way to the airport after these pictures. When we stopped to fill the rental car up with gas, I tried to dump the sand out of my shoes, pants (where I had rolled them up), and socks. When we got on the plane, (after waiting at the ONE gate, we WALKED out onto the Jetway and climbed the stairs into the plane! how COOL is that?!?!) Emily said she still could feel sand in her socks. Not very pleasant.




These 2 pictures are out on the deck of Jamie's mother's town home where we stayed. I just want to give a BIG shout out to her mother for letting us stay there. We were the first ones to sleep there because she hadn't moved into yet!

I hope she enjoyed the ice cream we left for her in the freezer (Just so u know, it was AWESOME ice cream. Peanut Butter Chocolate Haagen Daaz.... it doesn't get any better than that!).

7 comments:

Bethanie said...

you said it was cold, but was the water cold? I think that when you go to visit the ocean again that you take me along. I like water.

Emily Nice said...

Bethy, it was too cold to swim in, but not too cold to put your feet in :) Melanie, I think you and Mitch ate all the hagandaz and it was the dreyers mint chocolate chip that we left. Still good icecream :) I love the ocean and so we need to go again sometime when we can spend all our time out there, and maybe when its a bit warmer so that we can swim! Finding shells is really fun, sorry we didn't go to a good beach for that. You didn't get any pictures of the miny seagulls, I guess it got lost off of the camera. Sorry about the long comment!

Montana at the Helm said...

Pretty beach pictures! When I went to the beach for the first time Jared and I were in Florida I got very annoyed with the sand sticking to my body and getting all over the car and it was too hot!!!Hopefully my next experience will be better. Glad you had such a great time.

helmhq said...

We have your shells here! Do you need them to set out and brag? Maybe when it's your turn to plan the Family Reunion you could find a nice cheep beach!

Jamie Pearson said...

I love the BEACH too I'm so glad that you had a good time. I love the tide pools too I can spend hours out there playing with all the sea anenomes and looking for cool shells. I'm sad you didn't go for a swim I know it was too cold but next time I will go with you and we can go swimming. I do think its funny that you guys were the first to stay at my moms place.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

The beach rocks so hard. It is the worst thing about Las Vegas. I miss the beach from my Cal living days. We used to go all the time. So much fun, and one of the best places for kids. So relaxing. YOu have to go back in the summer.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nutty Hamster Chick you should go back in the summer. I will be back in Cali in June so you should come visit again. Oh well i guess you have Mandy to go visit too but I still think you should come in June. I'll figure out the dates later