Funny thing is, my sister Emily and I were just talking about our wonderful Mother. Emily was deciding about spending money on something (OK, so I can't remember exactly what we were talking about in her life. I only remember how it applies to my life. Its one of my more endearing traits) and I told her we already knew what our Mother would say if asked for her opinion. "Go for it! You deserve it."
For example... I went through a stage when I was buying tons of clothes. It was mostly for work, but I was feeling badly that I kept spending so much. What did my Mom say? "You deserve it! You work so you have to have a professional wardrobe". Every time I called, whether about shoes, pants, shirts she always said she was happy I was taking care of my needs. (Later she called me a clothes horse, but it was said with love)
What a great supportive Mother! I couldn't imagine a better or a kinder one. (Movie Trivia)
She may get a little crazy with medicine and doctors (those ex-nurses think you should go to the doctors regularly ....
*crickets chirping*
... no comment), but otherwise she is always willing to talk and help you feel good about urself.
Thanks Mom!
(PS... thanks Mom and Angela for boxing up my stuff and mailing it... maybe the next couple of posts will have PICTURES!)
6 comments:
I love your endearing qualities. And thanks for saying I have a way with words, becaue I though so myself, but no one else seemed to notice. I like that about you to. You are so smart.
Three cheers for great Moms!!! Wouldn't want to be without them.
You do have a great mom :)
My mom 's the best,
She gives me chocolate cake!
I wish I lived in the west
oh, for goddness sakes.
nice couplet if I may say so...
Yah, we do have the best mom in the world. That is why WE are soo cool!!
Its ok, I can't remember what I was talking about either. But I do know that our mom loves us and is awesome!
Flattery will get you everything---keep talking! And--I'm not over board on the Dr. thing you are just a pain about them!
Post a Comment