Here is the Winder Farm Post. For those of u not "in the know" (Angela), Winder Farm started in Utah delivering fresh milk to the doorsteps of participating customers during the night. They have expanded to all sorts of organic stuff and recently into Nevada.
I signed up for Winder Farm at the Santa Run where they had a promo going (see trying to expand into Nevada) with a free cooler and a sign up fee of 10$. Subsequently, they have come to me on Monday nights bringing fresh dairy products and strawberry lemonade.
Winder Farm would be wonderful if I never needed to go to Smiths again, was way into organic foods (snicker), thought ahead for dinner ideas (hee hee), and was an organized person (HA HA HA!!).
Unfortunately, none of these things are true.
If I run out of eggs or butter or sour cream, I want it NOW. Not next Monday, NOW.
Winder Farm stuff is also pretty expensive cuz it's organic. I want to help support the farms, but perhaps in better economic times.
Also, they obviously don't provide everything I need so then I head to Smiths and buy what I need.... and more. That was one of their selling points. An end to impulse buying. But they don't even have Pepper Jack Cheese! Can you believe it? Isn't pepper organic?
So, all in all, Winder Farm is like the Schwan man. I need him to come once every 3 months... definitely not every 2 weeks and certainly not every week! I've been skipping delivery every other week and that seems to work out well. Their Strawberry Lemonade is AWESOME and so are their dairy products. I just don't go through a gallon of milk, a pound of butter, a tub of sour cream, and a dozen eggs every week.... or even really every 2 weeks.
They do sell other farm fresh stuff such as vegetables and fruits but I don't go through that stuff every week either. I ordered some lettuce 2.5 weeks ago and I still have 1/3 of it left (its still good, which is surprising!) .
And that is the true confessions of the Winder Farm. I am trying to cut down on the total amount of food I buy (There are some cans that have probably been in my pantry since I've been in Las Vegas), so Winder Farm helps me accomplish that. I don't go to Smiths every week now, but I do pay for that privilege by buying organic.
Can I interest you in signing up? We both get 10$ off our groceries 3 times in the next 3 months! :-)
PS.... Did anyone get the book reference in my title?
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I actually looked up Schwan a few weeks ago. I love the idea of having someone deliver my food. We'll see.
The true confessions of Charlate Doyol or something like that. Why don't they have a spell check for the comment section so that I don't look so dumb. ANyway's sounds good. I go to costco and get things in bulk so I think I would be able to use it fast enough, but of course in WI they don't believe in veggies and things like that... just cheese and beer. At least that is all they sell in the stores. There are a lot of farmers markets...mmm maybe that is the route I will have to take.
wv- amoingyn: yah, I hate going to the gyn too.
Jared tells me it is better for me to go grocery shopping by myself because then we spend less money. He likes to sneak things in the cart! Winders Farms is the new concept to me! It sounds fun to have food left at your door.
It is fun to have someone deliver food, if I only could be organized and if I drank milk!
Bethy, u are right on the title! I really like that book. "The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle"
I apologize profusely, for not being in the know, but at least I know now right? Optimism is good! Its a good think I read this after dinner or the keyboard might have drool on it!
kiticab- one of those bike, or motorcycle stroller things designed just for cats.
So what happens to the food left outside during the summer? Even nighttime is warm here.
Sounds nice to not have to go to the store. We definately go through a LOT of milk, etc. around here. I don't buy into the whole organic thing though.
Thanks for enlightening me!
Hey Eliza, thats what the sign up fee is, u have to buy the cooler (I was part of a promotion so my fee was cheap) and the delivery guy changes out a ice blanket every delivery.
If.. I mean when you forget the guy is coming, he puts everything in one of those cold bag things. I tried giving it back the next delivery cuz I didn't want it, but he didn't take it.
Even though you aren't useing Winder farm much, i think its still fun, and strawberry lemonaid is totally worth it!
don't suppose they come to texas ...
i now play the grocery game and that is helping me save on grocery shopping ... just a thought ...
Post a Comment