So... Sometimes my middle name is just to remind me that I am Smart, not because it is necessarily true at the moment. Kinda like the middle names my oldest sister gives her children: the child who picks up after himself, the child who thinks before she speaks, the child who uses her brain, the child that doesn't pick her nose (OK, I made that one up).
For example,
THINGS I LEFT AT HOME
1. My Book
2. A Shirt
2. A Bra
3. My Phone Charger
4. My Camera connection to get the pictures off and onto the computer and onto my blog
5. And much much more...
Of course, I am not without resources so I went to Fry's to buy a new cord for my camera last week. Unfortunately, not all camera's are created equal and therefore not all the connecting parts are equal either. I didn't find this out until I had opened the package and tried to stick a round plug into a square inlet.
Like I said... sometimes I forget my middle name is smart.
Hence this blog rather than continuing the Holiday Saga.
A couple of other things happened this last week.
1. As I had left my phone charger at home and Fry's didn't have any "plug into the wall" type, I decided to leave the phone in the car to charge. I get busy. Next morning.... my car battery is dead (surprise surprise). Thank goodness for mothers who remind me I have a Subaru with free roadside assistance (or in this case, garage assistance). Late to work again even though I had gotten up early that day.
2. One evening, after watching the cops and robbers shows I like, I get into bed and am pretty much asleep when I think I hear something out on my porch. Then my gate courtyard gate squeaks. My mind races (as only half asleep minds can race) through all the possibilities. Robbers, Kidnappers, Murderers, Crazed Wolf, Rapist, Siberian Husky, neighborhood cats... Winder Farm delivery. Anyone heard of Winder Farm? They come by your house and drop off fresh produce during the night once a week. Yup... and open your gate so they can put it on your doorstep.
3. My computer at work crashed on me twice. SO frustrating!! I stuck my feet even further under my desk so I could lay back in my chair in frustration while the dumb thing reboots. As I do so, my leg brushes the the cords and the computer crashes again. What? Ah ha... the tower power cord was loose. All along, I had been actually turning OFF the computer.
Yup.. Smart is my middle name. I'll try to remember this week.
(The winder farm people come tonight... hope I remember)
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Its ok, everyone has days when they don't live up to their name. Most days are like that for me :)
I still beleive in your super smart super powers. I hate it when that happens when you leave iportant things on vacation.
Maybe then I should change my name to 'Doesn'tjumptoconclusions'! Would that help my bad and stressful habit of over reacting?
No, I think that I will leave my middle name the same. I know that you all never forget that I am the favorite so then why would I? Ahh, the delights of being the favorite. aren't you jealous? sorry that this comment is all about me, but I'm sure you will get over it.
Hannah is hiding under a chair because she took a chip. Have you ever tried to eat a chip quietly. Ya, it doesn't work.
I'm just glad your middle name is smart. Just imagine if it wasn't. Then we would be at a loss of what to think about your actions. Perhaps mine should be sort of.
I love you Mel and home you have a better week. oh yeah thinking of the word Mel do you know it means honey in portugues? Maybe i will start calling you honey....haha that would be funny
well, i just hope it wasn't the wonder bra, thats all i have to say...
just kidding - I wish I had a chance to accidentally leave all my stuff at home. Maybe subconsciously you were trying to leave enough stuff to warrant a return trip to gather your belongings...hmmm...
i love you! the mommy in me wants to say something about putting things away so they can be found or packed when needed, but that would be too obvious. i'll just say that i'm grateful that you're human and now you don't have to start swearing in order not to be 'twinkled'!!
You'll still be smarter than me!
Do you like Winder Farms?
Post a Comment