I learned this weekend that when you have a celebration pie, you can have a celebration candle to blow out, a celebration song sung to you, but no presents. WHERES THE LOVE PEOPLE?
OK, so I wasn't expecting any presents. The greatest present ever is a stamp with my name on it! And a wonderful friend that lets me come over and use her hot tub. And then my other friend (yes, I have 2) that comes over to play SET with me and watch me blow out my celebration candle. I like SET almost as much as I like Boggle. But Melissa isn't allowed to play Set with me anymore... just like Angela can't play Quiddler with me, and Boggle is off limits to Jenny (unless its COOL Boggle on her I-touch apple thingy). Anyone that can beat me at my own game can't play anymore. This is why I only have 2 friends. Valerie can play SET with me anytime cuz she only got one set. (don't worry, she doesn't read my blog. She's a hugely busy teacher that's working on her Masters. GO VALERIE!)
Anyway... I have nothing else to write. I haven't felt much like writing this week partly because I can't get any of the pictures off my camera. This is what I get for leaving important things at home.... like my white bra. I did wash my white exercise bra so I could go to a session and sealing at the temple on Saturday with the ward. Unfortunately, I got there about 10 minutes before the 11:00am session and they were in the process of sending it up cuz it was FULL. A couple of ladies were even sent back down for the next session. Since I didn't actually know the people being sealed, I decided just to do the 11:30am session and miss the 1:00pm sealing, but I was still pretty disappointed not to be with my ward.
Oh yes, I remember what I was going to write about! I got a new ipod! Melissa mentioned that her brother-in-law went to the apple store and got a new ipod when his was broke. My ipod was still under warranty and I got a new one!! HOW COOL IS THAT? See... all I need is one friend. :-)
Funny story, the volume on my old ipod wouldn't go up high enough so I had done everything I could to increase the volume of my songs. Guess what happened when I turned on my new ipod? You got it right. The sound just about blasted my eardrums.
K.. hopefully I'll get my taker-outer-of-pictures-off-of-my-camera-and-puter-them-on-my-computerer this week. Then I'll write more. I am just so proud of myself for not writing this at work. GO ME!
Mmm... maybe I'll write about Winder Farm sometime this week, since Eliza so obligingly asked me about it (I was hoping someone would. Thanks Eliza!).
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Yay for not writing at work. I'm also not writing at work for once. Yay for MLK Jr. Day :)
I bet you would like playing SET with me...I stiiiiink. We got it for Christmas, and I just can't see the little buggers until someone else has.
Yay for not writing at work. I'm also not writing at work for once. Yay for MLK Jr. Day :)
I bet you would like playing SET with me...I stiiiiink. We got it for Christmas, and I just can't see the little buggers until someone else has. (I accidentally posted this comment under Dave's account, but it was me, not Dave)
I'm glad that you got a new ipod so that you can get you bod in shape. Go mel!
Keep resisting that urge to blog and get to work. they might take away your stamp! No, don't think about it. it is way to scary.
ya, so this is a lame post but I couldn't think of anything smart to say. sorry
I won an iPod shuffle on a giveaway, and I haven't even opened it! I am so ashamed.
I didn't blog at work either today. I don't think I ever do, but I do look at other peoples blogs. I just must be more righteous or something. I've wondered why you always want to play games with me. Now I know. :)
I too have wondered how Winder Farm has been working for you. Especially since I'm the one who convinced you to do it :) Hope you get your camera picture thingy soon!
Can you hear me?? Are your ears still ringing?? Hopefully they have recovered. He He!
Look forward to seeing your pictures!
Hey Mel I just started reading Inkheart because of you. Any other recomendations?
I'm glad that I could offer an idea for a post. I really do what to learn more about it too. :)
winder farm ... winder farm ... winder farm ... winder farm ... come to texas ... winder farm .. winder farm .. .winder farm ...
What is SET? I am so out of it. It is not settlers of catan is it? I feel so lame.
K.. I'll write about Wnder Farm... and about my books. I have lots of ideas.
Ipods are for running, so if ur not running, no need for ipods.
Look up SET on the internet! Its a game where u try and find "sets" of cards that are all the same or all different. Its great for older kids.
From one of your favorite people to play set with! Your stuff is on the way
I only like to play games with people that aren't really good if I'm really bad. So I no longer play scrabble-it seems like everyone is good at that game.
Post a Comment