One last picture post before I go back to my regularly boring writen posts. This is our New Years Eve party! The Julie and Scott Parkinsons (My oldest sister's in laws, My brother-in-law's brother's family, Toms older brother's family, Jenny's Husband's Brother's family... My brother in law is to the right.. a very flattering picture if I do say so myself) came over to party with us. It was so nice 2 have everyone together! Jenny and Tom wanted to do a Root Beer Tasting Party. It was fun! They had quite a few I hadn't tasted before.
Jenny, with the help of Kyler, Kevin, and Sarah passed out each Sample. Notice the table clothes hung up so as to hide the kitchen so we wouldn't know what type of Root Beer we were tasting.
I don't think Megan cared for this one.
(Emily also has a water bottle to clear her pallet after each sample)
Here Julie Parkinson is cheating, and my Mom checking her answers.
I wish I had taken more pictures, but I was participating!I learned that I really do like brewed root beer. I think it's because I don't drink soda very often anymore so I like the less carbonated drinks.
If you haven't ever done one of these, you should really try it. It makes an AWESOME FHE activity. Its harder to decide which is which than you might think! I've done it many times, but still only got 2 right... the diet one and the birch(? I don't remember what kind it was, but it definitely wasn't root) beer.
9 comments:
Oh man i love rootbeer tasting contest. Emily had one once and I helped her with it and it was so much fun. I should do it again. Thanks for the idea
That is such a good idea! I personally have never done Root Beer Tasting, maybe we will try it sometime. When I lived in Rexburg we went on a French Fry tasting round and then had a survey to see what fast food place had the best fries. If I can remember right we all liked Burger King the best (but KFC got honorable mention for their potato wedges-but we couldn't vote on them because they weren't actually fries). The sledding looks so fun, we went sledding over Christmas in Ruidoso-Charley had a wonderful time, and me too-it's been too long since I've been sledding.
weird, brewed root beer.
I like the home-made kind.
Wasn't that fun! Make fun of me if you wish, but I tied Tom for the most right (we both just got 2 wrong). I found I like the bubbly so brewed rootbear was good when it first came out but not good later. I think I liked the Suix falls one with the minty flaver. YUM
Minty rood beer? I don't think so!
Anything that has to do with drinking sounds fun to me. In fact I wish I had some root beer right now, but it's sunday so I will have to be happy with chocolate milk.
yeah ... thanks for the flattering pictures!
fun! Yes, I remember the one Jamie is talking about. I wasn't very good at it and I was surprised that there were so many different kinds. I need more friends before I have one myself though (a party, not the root beer).
Lots of fun, but I'm sure not good at it! I ought to be since root beer has always been pretty important to Dad.
this looks like a blast. I think you need to host one so your friends in Vegas can see what it's all about.
Post a Comment