As long as I'm on a roll :-)
Yesterday my oldest sister and I were talking on the phone. I was at the Book Store (I just went to see the sale on movies! I was very proud of myself for getting out of there with only Movies... over 50$'s worth of movies, but only movies nonetheless) asking about authors she liked that I didn't know about (resulting in THIS post... I'm gonna do the same thing but probably tomorrow). On the way home, we talked of other things I don't remember (again my endearing quality rears its ugly head) and Jenny asked why doesn't anyone tell you about living with the same people EVERY day? (Yup, I come from a funny family)
I told her "Jenny, the grass is always greener on the other side."
"Yes I know."
"It would be nice sometimes to have someone to come home to to tell all about my day, the crazy meetings at work, the crazy people at work, and the crazy environment at work".
It was then I realized that I do have someone like that. Many of you don't know this, but Melissa and I email EVERY day during the work week. My emails are 3 times as long as hers, but she never seems to mind. I tell her what I did the night before, my plans for the night, and crazy stories from work that she might understand as a fellow engineer. Then, on most Fridays she comes to my feather filled house (Melissa and Spree REALLY don't get along) and eats lunch with me. Now, perhaps I should not let her know how much this means to me so she feels no obligation to continue, but I do want her to know I appriciate it.
I think this is a much better way of sharing than a "thankamony" on Fast Sunday.
Thanks Melissa... and thanks to Dan for still sharing her with me! That reminds me. One of Mauvia's roommates asked Mauvia how she thought she would ever get married with me around. Good thing Mauvia met Ben while I was away for the summer.
Apparently I take ALOT of work.
Never fear, I think ALL my old roommates are now married. I should start a business. "Desperate to get married? Become my roommate and u will find your EC in THIS lifetime! And instead of his #3, you can be his #1"
BTW, do not worry about me getting my needs fulfilled. I am pretty good at taking what I need from those around me (Friends at Church and Family, BEWARE the day Melissa stops working!). One of my many talents. Hey, the Lord said not to put them under a bushel but on a candlestick to share with the whole world! Its right there in the scriptures. *halo over head*
Examples: When Birgit was here I would instigate IM conversations, although those conversations usually involved things other than work :-). Every Friday, I call my sister Bethanie so I can tell her all about my week and my plans for the weekend. Emily used to call every Saturday night on her way home from the temple and we would talk about meal options for Sunday. And then of course there is my Mother. ALWAYS willing to talk no matter when I call. And today I talked to Angela about her work prospects in the schools in Los Alamos (GO ANGELA!). Man... do I have a wonderful family or what?!?!
Yes, I thought u all would agree.
(For a post that started out about Melissa, how did it get around to my family? I must just be surrounded by wonderful people!)
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
strange that no one has commented yet on your blog....must be because they actually are doing things on a Saturday night, unlike myself :) I love Melissa too! She is great!
I guess one of the ways you and I are different is outlined in this post, although I do have roommates and friends so maybe I just think I'm different. hmmm deep thoughts. I should go to bed!
I love Mel too and you do have a great family.
Some people have a great family, but don't appreciate them, but not you! What a great daughter and sister you are! (and sister-in-law too!)
That is wonderful that you keep in touch with your family so well. I need to be better about that. I don't think that I have talked to Doug since Christmas, that's okay-he lives on the east coast, so he must be a pretty important person. Haha, I love making fun of people that live on the east coast. About your Mom, I can totally see her telling you that you are a clothes horse in a very loving way. And about Winder dairy. Before my family moved to White Rock we lived in Salt Lake (West Valley-it was nicer back then) and every couple of days Winder Dairy would deliver milk and other stuff to our doorstep. It must have been pretty reasonably priced because I can't imagine my mom doing it otherwise. So it was kind of fun to see you reference it because I remember getting milk from the porch in the mornings. I also remember going to visit the cows occasionally when my Mom needed something extra. I bet my parents still have some of their glass milk jugs. I know that they still have the metal crate that they delivered it in (I used to keep my piano music in it). So it is just kind of fun to remember that. Oh, and by the way congrats on doing so well with your very important test!
Good friends, family and good people are what make life do-able. Lillian and I were always together untill Jim showed up and kept asking me to do things. I don't think you are a hogger, just someone fun to be around. Like me! I am soo fun to be around. that is why I am comming to Vegas to visit you.
I love my family!! And melissa too!
ps. those word verifications are seriously hard for my to type out. i usualy have to type them over and over again. I hope it is just because of my Dis. and not because I'm just dumb.
I want to know what movies you got? I love movies (and books) too!
Thanks to Melissa from me too. Every woman no matter what her stage needs a few girl friends to discuss how to right the universe. Fay and I do a pretty good job of taking care of all the serious stuff that faces this world.
Thanks Melanie! I have to say I look forward to our dailey emails and Friday lunches very much. You are a great friend and I learn lots from you!
I like that are family is available often. Its also nice to be around a wonderful bossy mom. Can I become your roomate? (hee hee sometimes i think I am funny)
Ditto to everything you said. You're family is the best and was always a strength and example to me growing up and Melissa...well, how can you not love Melissa? There is definitely a reason people are so available for you. Its easy to love the lovable and you are certainly that and more.
memories...I am a little bit sad from reading the blog b/c it reminded me when all three of us would get together as friends and have lunch. Those were great times. I miss it more often than I let on. I would never move back to Vegas, but I would make the sacrafice to visit and visit often just to see my dear friend Melanie. Melissa is cool too along with her sister-in-law Christine. :D
Post a Comment