I love Conference. I LOVE CONFERENCE! No teaching responsibilities, not too much responsibility in looking nice, just basking in the spirit with really not much effort on your part.
Mm... I think I understand why people like preachers. No work for them! They just go (have a little smoke on the doorstep before going into the church)... listen... and go home to watch football. They can get out of it whatever they want... no effort.
I also feel perfectly justified in crocheting while watching. I don't think crocheting at church is appropriate, but it's OK during conference and firesides. It helps me concentrate, much like people taking notes. I used to have Conference projects that took a couple years to get done because I only worked on them during Conference... 8hrs twice a year doesn't get you very far on an afgan. Now that I don't do afgans, (who wants a big warm blanket on them when its 95 degrees outside?) I can get lots done. Last conference I got together all the half finished booties I had and got them ready to give away. I think this time I will start another baby blanket... either to do edging or an actual crocheted blanket. Baby blankets are so wonderful to crochet! By the time your bored with the pattern, your almost done and the excitement to finish carries you through to the end! I don't think I'll ever go back to full afgans.
Anyway, YA FOR CONFERENCE! I can't wait to hear from the General Authorities, even the ones that kinda scare me (I won't tell u which ones and why cuz it might prejudice u against them). I am so ready to be spiritually filled. We need a conference cheer.
Conference Conference Come one and all!
Listen to the prophets voice so u don't fall!
Perhaps it needs a little work. Any ideas?
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Conference is this weekend,
Try not to fall asleep!
Just sit on the couch and eat;
And don't say a peep!
Although it's a bit irreverent...
Nice!!!
I was going to write something smart, but now I can't think of of.. UH... lame, lame, lame I know! But I do know which ones are scary. He looks at the camera and you think he is looking at you and even if it has nothing to do with you, you still feel guilty. At least I feel guilty and that he is looking right at me...
Thank you for calling me today Melanie. what a nice sister you are! Wait that's Emily. what a smart sister you are!
I feel the scary eyes boring into my soul at this moment. Let's lighten the mood.
Conference, Conference
We love you
We feel the spirit and eat good food!
Okay so that doesn't rhyme. Maybe conference is a time for quiet internal cheers.
I like your cheer! Direct and to the point. GO CONFERENCE!
Why do you think crocheting at church is inappropriate? I bring mine to keep my hands busy so that I can listen. Otherwise I just sit there and space out and miss all the talks. Either that or I'm completely antzy and play w/ the kids sitting next to me, and yet again, get nothing out of the talks.
Thanks everybody for ur cheers! Apparently none of us should write jingles for a living.
I loved conference. It makes me want to be so much better.
As for crocheting during church, I sit up front (3rd pew back) and I think it would be very distracting to the speakers. I also sit right up front in my other classes so I can smile and make faces at the teacher.
Post a Comment