Friday, October 10, 2008

The Weekend Cometh.. and there was much rejoicing

Yea.... *flags waving*

There is much rejoicing because the work week is over! I have lots of plans - none of which will get completely done, but I am always very sincere in my desires. Also... more rejoicing because I still have my job! 12 people were laid off yesterday in the Land Development group. Talk about scary times. This is in addition to the 8-10 people laid off at the beginning of the summer from all groups. For the time being the Transportation Group has work... yesterday we learned Jacobs was put on a short list for the South I-15 design build project. This means we have until March to submit preliminary designs to the County (for those of u who care). As I told Arvid, I guess I won't be moving to Utah yet! So most of this weekend will be studying. In order to stay marketable, I need to be a PE... talk about motivation. I am even going to miss the Young Woman's overnighter this weekend. I debated on whether to go (because those young woman like my songs... and I'll do almost anything to stay in the limelight! You should hear our rendition of "Bill Grogans Goat"), but perhaps my lively hood should come first, eh?

I've also been thinking somewhat about my blogaholic nature and the fact that right now I have 2 blog entries already written and scheduled to post next Monday and Tuesday at 12:30pm... and 7 more under construction. I thought the excitement and willingness to blog would have worn off by now, but as we all know, I shore dew like to talk about myself! I've thought about limiting myself even more than 5 each week but I do think this stage will pass, although not as quickly as I thought. Having important things to do at work will certainly help.

Oh yes.. and I decided to do the triathlon next week. I ran last night for a full 45 minutes (4 miles)! ITS A NEW MELANIE RECORD! Now that I have plenty of motivation to study.. I can do both. Um... 'course I decided to go ahead with the tri 2 weeks ago but.... well... now circumstances show I made the right decision, right? :-)

As an end note to this random entry, I want to thank you guys for leaving me comments. It makes me feel loved. And for those of u who don't... well.... where's the love people?!

8 comments:

Bethanie said...

Study away and eat all the "normal" studing foods, becuase HEY! your going to be buring it off soon!!! Lucky to be you!

Emily Nice said...

If you are laid off, Jamie is leaving in December so you could move in. =)

bepjd!

Helm 9 of 10 said...

/cheer Melanie

There... i posted

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

The fact that you love to talk about your self works well for me because I love to read about you. Very symbiotic relationship we have going. he he. I am missing the camp out also because I signed up to feed the missionaries and want to shirk my responsiblity, plus I am kind to too tired to be sleepless in a tent tonight. How 'bout I call you up and we sing bill grogans goat just you and me? probly not quite the same. Also I am not really in young women's any more and I don't want to be seen a clingy or a hanger on. That would be lame huh?
Anyway enough of my ramblings. Happy weekend to to you!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I meant to say that I didn't want to shirk feeding the miss, not that I wanted to shirk my duties.

Shawna said...

As you saw (at Smith's) I didn't go to the campout either. My excuses are kind of lame and have nothing to do with my livelihood. Let's see, My brother is coming in town, I have to teach on Sunday, and we all just got over the stomach flu and camping food really didn't sound good. We totally should have busted out some Bill Grogan's Goat or this land is my land together.

Eliza said...

Don't ever stop!!!

Sorensen said...

Good luck on your exam and the tri. I am so impressed by your running skillz!