Thursday, October 2, 2008

Seasons in Vegas

Yesterday, October 1st was the start of fall for Las Vegas. Yes, you might think fall starts with the September equinox on September 22 of this year (2008)... but in Las Vegas, they dance to a different drummer. And I have proof.
Ta-Da!

This sign was found at one of the Red Rock hiking areas. (Thank you Birgit for the picture) I was reminded again of this fact while hiking in Red Rock with Jared and Amy.

So.. Happy Fall!

I was wondering why they put Fall and Spring in larger fonts. Winter is the earliest closing date... so why not make those dates the largest? Things to ponder.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

Interesting...

I think that Spring and Fall are in larger fonts because those are the only seasons where the weather is pleasant enough to go hiking or climbing.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I think if it is fall someone should alert the person in charge of the thermostat around here. Cheese Louise, enough already with the 90 temperatures.

Smart Helm said...

OK.. I need to have at least 3 comments per blog... Pretend this is from my father who comments on my blog by IMing me.

"So... enjoying fall are we?"

He can't refute my claim since he won't sign up! HA!

Bethanie said...

UH never mind