I got my first ever comment from a random person I don't know! Isn't that exciting?! So... it's because I left a note on her blog first, but still... she reciprocated. That is way cool.
You guys didn't much like that last blog. I am a big fan of my last name but after thinking it through, I've decided ladies just can't get that exited about it cuz it changes on them.. at least the women that read and comment on my blog. I think I will always associate myself with my maiden name even if I married someone with an awesome last name of.... say... Gurr. (I really had a roommate with that last name! She married an Anderson, poor girl). Wouldn't Gurr be way cool? Think about it... u could name ur kid Catherine and call her Kitty or Cat. I know a boy named Forest... or Hunter.
Of course without experience I can't really say one way or another, but apparently I am more in love with "Helm" than others of my family.
I am off to Reno tomorrow to ride the train and hope to bring back some fun pictures. I'm a little worried about being all day with Arvid and Ken... and asking them to take pictures. Pretty sure they won't be bringing their cameras!
As a triathlon update, I went swimming last night and felt so awkward in the water. Like a whale with 4 paddle wheels. (Paddle wheels cuz they splash alot of water and don't move u very fast) The race this Saturday is going to be a joy.
Emily, I asked the Young Woman on Sunday if they would do the honors of coming to watch and take pictures since my best fan couldn't be there. (This is the first triathlon you'll miss!) It sounded like some were willing, but when Melissa told me we are going point-to-point, those little 14 yr olds wouldn't be able to drive to the next transition area. I decided not to push it. Of course, if anyone is willing to be there anytime along the route or even at the end I would love to have some action shots! Here is the info http://bbsctri.com/pumpkin.html ... click on the "Event/Course Information" and select Short Distance. Melissa is doing the Olympic Distance.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
With the last name dietrich...no not as attached as Helm. When I'm being stubborn I always tell Jim "I'm a Helm! Try and make me!" It works. The only thing good with dietrich is to name your kid Buchstahoda. I don't remember how to spell it bit it was dietrich Buchtahoda who inspired Bach. Good music by the way.
fdaynag-what a thing to type!
Look what happened!
WHAT?
I would have to say that Jared is very proud of the Helm name as well. Anytime someone says helm, whether or not they are talking about him he makes sure I take note; especially when it shows up in the scriptures. He gets that "greater than thou" look on his face as if he was just knighted or something! It's quite funny actually!
I now have a picture with my name!
Cool picture with name, Bethanie! I am very proud of my name. Hence no marriage proposals ;) Sometimes instead of spelling my name when someone asks for clarification I say, "Helm, as in God is at the..."
fuieef!
I happen to be pretty partial to all of my names. I don't think I have a favorite; I'm more excited about the quantity.
...I remember a time...for some reason, during my last year at BYU, They printed my full name on all the class rolls. It kind of annoyed the professors because my name took up a whole 2 lines.
I say, always keep your maiden name. It creates so many more options of how you can sign your name.
Well, neither my maiden name, nor my married name really have any cool connections like Helm. Good thing about changing a name is that instead of having 11 letters, it now only has 5...much easier to sign.
That's how I feel every time I swim...I kick and I kick, and it doesn't get me anywhere. I just move when I use my arms, but they get tired. I guess no Triathalons for me in the near future.
Post a Comment