Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sister Surprise Cake

Ok.. so cake has nothing to do with this entry, but I thought it might be a fun title.

Thursday night, as I was watching the end of a TV show when I was supposed to be in bed, there came a knock on the door. Now I don't know about u, but getting a knock on your door at 10:45pm is pretty scary. Plus.. the only time I get a knock is from my VT's, HT's, or Melissa when she comes over for lunch (my one friend in Vegas now that Birgit is gone... don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for Melissa!).

I turned on the porch light and peeped through the peep hole. Its a good thing I have a bird or I wouldn't know how to peep. There was Melissa! In her PJ's! I felt pretty safe opening the door now that I knew who it was, but told her "you scared me!".

"I'm here to drop off something".

Strange... I thought, she'll be coming over for lunch tomorrow and could drop it off then. Maybe she brought the calculator I was borrowing for my test next weekend.

And then out of shadows comes my sister Emily! WHAT THE?! Where did she come from?! SO EXCITED! But very confused. How did Melissa know Emily had come and why did she drive all the way down to my house just to introduce her?

"I picked her up from the airport!" Melissa said (THANK YOU SO MUCH MELISSA!). Oh.. right... Emily doesn't like to drive. *sheepish laughter*... But SO happy!! I told Emily I can't thank her enough for coming to cheer me on at the triathlon so every thanks... well.... just won't be enough. I am very sad she's going tomorrow. Emily said I can't feel bad because I didn't even know she was coming... but it doesn't work that way. Too bad.. I'm gonna miss my Emily!

It was SO FUN to have Emily here. I know all my family was terribly jealous.... too bad. Do ur own triathlon and u just might be as cool as me.

BTW. Melissa's husband told me he wouldn't have been excited if his family surprised him in coming cuz of the potential aweful state of his home. Ah ha... the joys of being a Hotel Mel. My house was all ready for visitors and I could just bask in having Emily with me. We ate, she read, I pretended to study (reading, sleeping, crocheting, triathloning, eating, preparing a YW lesson), and just spent time together in the same house. Doesn't get much better than that, eh?

(there Emily.. I used ur name 8 times... Now they certainly know WHICH sister came)

4 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

First of all my computer said that you posted something called fishes. Where is it? Cough it up, you are holding out on me.

Second of all, hurray for sisters, and hurray for surprise visits, and hurray for completing another triathalon. Can I touch you?

Third of all, my net nanny thing I have on my laptop to protect my teenage boys, made me put in a password to see your blog. How funny is that, it was because of your discussion of alcohol. At least I know that it is working keeping them away from bad stuff.

So have a good week, and get lots of studying done.

Montana at the Helm said...

Emily's name should be Emily "the best" Nice Helm. I love surprises like that. And I also saw that you posted something called fishes that wouldn't come up! Weird!

Bethanie said...

You are right I am very very jealous. But you should be jealous of me. right now I can hear two very beautiful voices winning in harmony. Ok so there is no harmony and it it not beautiful, but I tried...

Bethanie said...

whining that is or is it whinning. either way not the prettiest sound.