The other night while getting ready for bed, I realized I might have a bit of a problem. Now that it is cooler, I open the house and cool it down with fans. (I use the term "house" loosely... townhome is more appropriate). This requires opening blinds for the air to come through. As I gazed out my bedroom window across our adjacent courtyards into my neighbors window (whose blinds were down... luckily) I suddenly felt rather exposed.
See... with it being so warm in Vegas and living alone, I don't see the need to be fully dressed all the time. Don't get me wrong.... I am never naked (forgetting ur underclothes after a shower and retrieveing them from the bedroom doesn't count), but lets just say.... No layers. As Mormons, like woman, we have extra padding against the cold. I don't think I need to be anymore specific.
Is it worth it to cool down the house if you have to wear more to bed? Perhaps I just need to remember some things can only be removed under the cover of darkness.
I have had this type of problem before. Big bushy shrubs used to cover the view of my door from the street. The homeowners association or whoever is in charge of my neighborhood front lawns decided to cut them down. Forgetting this, the next night I stepped out to turn the soaker hose off from the facet next to my door and looked up to see a car driving down the street and a few children loitering in the park across the street. I'm sure all they saw was a flash of white (if they were even looking), but this taught me a lesson. Look at all angles before following through. Hence the window gazing.
For all my paranoia of seeing people naked, u'd think I wouldn't have this problem. Uh oh.. I just had a thought.... Vegas is rubbing off on me!! AHH!!!! Somebody save me!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
come to montana, cooler temps mean always covered, and sometimes with many layers.
Funny! Can you keep your windows open w/the blinds closed?
Our bedroom window is level with the pool and park parking lot. We love living so close to it and there are shrubs in between but still - if someone wanted to see something it wouldn't be very hard - if the windows were open. I just leave the blinds closed but lift them up about 6 inches to let the air through - that way you can't really see anything but the air can still circulate.
I did love conference. When will we see all your fun projects that you accomplished? And what about a post about the stress of your upcoming test? Just wondering.
haha a girl that i work with told the story of when she accidentally took out the garbage in her underthings. whoops!
Post a Comment